Ranked #1 in Free Kindle Astronomy books – July 2014
Ranked within the Top 10 Paid Kindle Astronomy books – September 2014
Ranked within the Top 50 Free Kindle Non-Fiction books – July 2014
***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ONLY THE KINDLE VERSION IS WRITTEN FOR BOTH BEGINNERS AND EXPERTS**** Amazon have combined the reviews for both versions, so *please* check the “Look Inside” feature to make sure it's what you want before buying. Thank you.
Whether you're an absolute “no knowledge” beginner or an expert astronomer, this comprehensive, easy-to-use quick reference guide will give you all the details you need to find hundreds of night sky events in 2015 – many of which can be seen with just your eyes.
Written by a former freelance columnist for Astronomy magazine with over thirty years of experience, the guide includes:
– Text highlighting “must see” events that can be easily found and enjoyed. No equipment required!
– Graphics simulating the best events as they can be seen in the sky
– Monthly highlights of what can be seen in the pre-dawn and evening sky, including the Moon, planets, bright asteroids, meteors, bright stars, constellations and deep sky objects
– Descriptions of key astronomical events for each important date
And for more advanced astronomers:
– Details of astronomical events, including conjunctions, eclipses, elongations, oppositions and meteor showers
– Technical information for key events, such as object magnitude, distance and apparent size
– Angular separation for conjunctions
– Culmination dates for bright stars, constellations and all 110 Messier objects
Whether you're planning a night out under the stars or simply want to learn more about the heavens above us, you can find it all in this guide to the astronomical year.