1. That time a plane landed in the Hudson river.
http://twitpic.com/135xa – There's a plane in the Hudson. I'm on the ferry going to pick up the people. Crazy.
2. The guy who accidentally live-tweeted the JSOC raid on Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan.
Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event).
3. The guy who broke this bit of news.
So I'm told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn.
4. The time “Twttr” co-founder Jack Dorsey sent the first tweet.
just setting up my twttr
5. This tweet after the largest democratic election in history.
India has won! भारत की विजय। अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं।
6. The time the CIA joined Twitter.
We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet.
7. And that time Wikileaks pwned the CIA.
8. That time this carefully orchestrated PR stunt became the most retweeted tweet of all time.
Four more years.
10. The times Brian Acton tweeted about being turned down by both Facebook and Twitter. 5 years later Acton sold Whatsapp to Facebook for $19 Billion.
Facebook turned me down. It was a great opportunity to connect with some fantastic people. Looking forward to life's next adventure.
Got denied by Twitter HQ. That's ok. Would have been a long commute.
11. That time the Phoenix team found water on Mars.
Are you ready to celebrate? Well, get ready: We have ICE!!!!! Yes, ICE, *WATER ICE* on Mars! w00t!!! Best day ever!!
12. That time an astronaut sent the first tweet from space.
Hello Twitterverse! We r now LIVE tweeting from the International Space Station — the 1st live tweet from Space! 🙂 More soon, send your ?s
13. That time the curiosity rover landed on Mars and got sassy.
I'm safely on the surface of Mars. GALE CRATER I AM IN YOU!!! #MSL
14. That time we fell really in love for real with Commander Chris Hadfield.
@Cmdr_Hadfield Are you tweeting from space? MBB
@WilliamShatner Yes, Standard Orbit, Captain. And we're detecting signs of life on the surface.
15. That time a climber sent the first tweet from the summit of Everest. (Larsen’s tweet was the first, not this one by Kenton Cool, as many believe.
Everest summit! -Sent with @DeLormeGPS Earthmate PN-60w
16. That time a student tweeted about being arrested in Egypt, which led to his release after friends raised the alarm.